Friday, July 10, 2009

First Post

Since so many of our friends have blogs that we love to follow, I thought we should start one of our own to share updates on our ever-changing family. Not too much excitement going on here....we keep busy just living day to day. I'm holding a very tired little Collin as I type this, so I suppose I should start by updating on how he's doing.




Collin will be 5 months old on Monday!! I can't believe how fast he's growing! It seems like the time with him has gone so much faster than it did with Emma! He's a very sweet and cuddly little guy. I've often heard that boys are more cuddly than girls, but had never experienced it myself....so true! It always seemed as though Emma was pushing me away, but it's basically the exact opposite with Collin. He's definitely a "momma's boy" and a little homebody. I could pretty much take Emma wherever without it bothering her. She's always been so social that she LOVED getting out in public to see all of the people. Collin would just prefer to be home all the time and I think he'd be very happy if we never left the house at all. Overnight trips with him are SO much fun!!! It's been quite an adjustment to deal with such a difference for me this way. I like to get out and be around people, but I'm learning that I have a much happier baby if we stay home a little more often.


When I found out I was expecting Collin, one of my first thoughts was, "I hope this baby doesn't crawl and walk as early as Emma did." (She was crawling at 6 months, walking at 8 months.) I still don't know how that will all play out for him, but I'm a little nervous for what the future holds for us. He's already rolled over earlier than Emma did (a week before 4 months) and and about a week ago he started to be able to sit alone (sort of) for 30 seconds to a minute at a timeat 4 months instead of Emma's 5 months. Hopefully these are things he will be content to do for a while without wanting to pursue anything else. He's been very aware of things that Emma does, though, and watches her very intently, so we'll see. His big cousin, Analise, is crawling all over the place and pulling up to stand by things now, so we're trying to keep him from watching her. He'd prefer to keep his distance from Analise though....she's a little much for him right now! She loves to pull up and stand by his car seat....then she SCREAMS at him in excitement! She just loves him! I can't say the feeling is completely mutual quite yet! When she does this, his eyes get really big and soon after the freaked out screaming begins!!! It's kind of funny to watch. It will be neat to see them grow up together and be good friends (if Analise isn't too busy trying to keep up with Emma)! Collin's also working on some bottom teeth too and chewing on his fingers and our fingers like crazy! He's a picky little guy and will only chew on cloth (like blankets) and skin.....not any teethers or pacifiers. I don't remember Emma doing this so much....maybe he'll get teeth earlier than her. We'll have to see. He's been such a joyful addition to our family and we couldn't have asked for a better baby!!! He's the sweetest little guy I've ever met!





No comments:

Post a Comment